Shabby Miss Jenn

August 30, 2013

Day 10 - Sunday

Today was a free day.  Our guide was picking up another family from the airport so she didn't have anything planned for us, which was fine.  We were ready for some downtime.  The breakfast buffet was pretty good.  The kids seemed to like Xi'an's better though.  

After breakfast, the baby napped while I got the internet working on my laptop and uploaded some pictures so I could blog.  (I think this might have been the last time I was able to blog on the trip!)

Daddy and the big kids explored the mall and got some lunch - Papa John's pizza!  It was pretty good and we ended up eating it a few times here.  It was a restaurant in the food court.  The weird thing was that Josh tried to order a large (medium size in America) supreme but they said they could only make it in a small size.  Uh, why?  Chinese and their pizzas are oddly inflexible!

They also came back with lots of toys too.  Some balls with a little collapsable hoop - like the balls from a ball pit, legos for boys, some play food that you could pretend to cut in half and velcroed back together and a puzzle for mom. (How Josh thought I would ever have the time to put together a puzzle, I'll never know!  It was a sweet gesture though!)  I guess M didn't get anything now that I think about it. Hmmm, she probably did, I just can't remember what!

I found an infected spot on S's hand today.  I had noticed a little cut on his hand yesterday but I didn't think much of it.  I should have immediately taken him to the bathroom and washed it really good and put a bandaid on it, but I didn't. BAD mommy moment!  This morning the whole bottom part of his hand was swollen and VERY red.  There was also a streak of red leading up his wrist too.  Freaked me out.  We noticed it at breakfast and when we got back to the room I immediately washed it well, put some Neosporin on it and some bandages and then mixed up his antibiotics and gave him a dose.  Thank goodness we brought antibiotics for everyone!  Hopefully he won't get anything later on that will need them!  Josh also gave him a blessing too so I felt a lot better after that.  It ended up looking 10 times better the next day and I made sure to keep it clean and covered until it was healed.  He had no other problems the rest of the trip, thank heavens!

I can't remember what restaurant we braved for dinner but it was something in the food court.  We were pretty excited about the prospects of getting E tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment